Lately we have been on a Mexican food kick around here. For breakfast yesterday I decided to cook up my take on my Grandmothers egg enchiladas.
She always used diced green chilies and Taco Bell mild sauce but I’m going with Las Palmas Green Chile enchilada sauce.
I have always saved and saved any packet of Taco Bell Mild sauce to make these and still do, but today I had the Green Chile enchilada sauce left over and wanted to use it. (Plus i kinda don’t like the chile skins and seeds in the diced green chilies)
So here goes!
Egg Enchilada Casserole
1/4 C. Heavy Cream
6 to 10 corn tortillas
1/2 Large can Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada sauce
2 C. Grated Cheese
Salt and pepper
• Cover bottom of a baking dish with the enchilada sauce and cover with corn tortillas.
• In a bowl, beat 6 eggs with heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
• Scramble eggs over med/low heat until almost set.
• Mix 1/2 C. Grated Cheese and 1/2 C Enchilada sauce into your eggs. Combine and warm until warmed through.
• Add to your baking dish layered on the corn tortillas
• Cover with more cheese (if desired, I didn’t) and corn tortillas.
• Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
• Bake uncovered at 350. For 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is throughly melted.
Can serve with Bacon, breakfast potatoes (I will post these soon), or your families favorite breakfast foods.
Also check out:
Filmmaking & Cookiebaking’s Instagram
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)