My grandmother’s friend used to bring this cake to her house when I was young. Everyone always loved it!
This is one of those quick whip up cakes when you don’t have time to bake from scratch. Although I really want to test out a recipe for this from scratch. Soon Lindsey and I will do this! (I just informed her of this)
Until we do that, there is the recipe as it is now:
Chocolate Pistachio Cake
• Start with 1 box yellow cake mix and one large box (or 2 small) Pistachio Pudding add to a mixing bowl and mix well.
• Add 4 eggs, 1 C. Water, 1/2 C. Oil, & 1/2 tsp Almond extract (I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract as well)
• Scoop out 1 1/2 C batter into another bowl.
• Add 1/4 C. Chocolate Syrup and mix well.
• Alternate scoops of both into a bunt pan.
• Bake @ 350 for 50 minutes. Check at 40 minutes.
Enjoy! Let us know what you think!
Also check out:
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)