This week I started tracking calorie intake, which is part of why I created my Skinny Banana Cookies.
So for dinner last night I wanted something I could easily track calorically. So I made:
Chicken and Wild Rice with Spinach
I added the full carton of Chicken Broth into a medium pan. (20 cal)
• While that’s coming to a boil, chop 1/2 an onion add to a sauté pan.
• Slowly brown onions, no oil!
• Cut chicken breast in half then split pieces. (220 cal)
• Add to pan with onions and season.
• By now the broth should be boiling, to your broth pan, Add 1 C Wild Rice.(640 cal)
• Brown chicken until cooked, deglaze pan with a little white wine
• Chop chicken, and re-add to pan.
• Shred and add some spinach
•When your rice is done, you can put your chicken on your rice or mix it into the rice.
Next time I will double the spinach, I LOVE sautéed spinach.
Split for 2 = 440 calories per serving.
Also check out:
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)