The last three days I’ve been working on this awesome cake for my clients, he is also a friend of mine I’ve known him for many years he actually works on the television show Bones. I’ve known him for about 7 years we met on the low-budget movie. But I can’t show you the cake yet because I deliver it to him tomorrow after I deliver it I can show you!
So, today I’m going to share with you my chocolate buttermilk cake that’s adapted from … (Link to come)
Chocolate Buttermilk cake
• Cream 1 C Butter and 2 1/4 C Sugar.
• In a microwave safe bowl melt some of your favorite Chocolate. I use three different Chocolates.
• Add the melted Chocolate to your butter mixture.
• Add 1 1/4 C Buttermilk and 3 C Cake Flour mix well.
• Add 1 tsp. Baking Soda and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder.
• Separate 5 eggs.
• Add 5 yolks to batter, mix well.
• Beat 5 egg whites to stiff peaks.
• Fold beaten egg whites. into batter
• Pour batter into a well greased and floured pan.
• Bake at 350, until toothpick check comes out clean.
( in the photos, this is two full batches to fill a 12x18x2)
And tomorrow I’ll show you the finished cake that I did for my friend! I can’t wait, it came out awesome I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!!
Also check out:
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)