Wednesday I made these breakfast egg muffins to have a high protein, low calorie breakfast already made for work mornings! Here’s how i did it:
Egg Muffins with Spinach and Potato
• Cut up 1 large Potato ( small cubes), 1/2 an Onion, 1 C Spinach.
• Sauté potatoes and onions with 1 TBSP Olive Oil. until they start to soften and get color.
• Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and a tiny bit of Chili powder.
• Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
• Beat 8 eggs with 1/4 C Milk, a little salt, and pepper.
• Prep a muffin pan with liners and little olive oil spray.
• Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with egg mixture.
• Distribute Potato/veggie mixture evenly between cups.
• Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
These are so versatile, You can fill them with anything you want! Bacon, sausage, cheese, ham, any veggies… Heck maybe even pieces of pancake (I don’t know if I’d do that but it could be awesome!)
And they are only 84 calories each!
Have you made these before? What have you or would you put in yours?
Also check out:
Filmmaking & Cookiebaking’s Instagram
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)