So here is the second half of Wednesday night baking with Lindsey. While she was making donut “poops” I made Texas Sheet Cake and this banana bread (which I made as muffins with chocolate chips. Both recipes were handed down from my Grandma Gile.)
These are great for weekend breakfast or snack. (Much healthier without the Chocolate chips though, obviously)
• Add 3/4 C. Sugar, 1/2 C. Oil, and 2 Eggs and mix until frothy.
• Add 1 C. Mashed Bananas, 1 tsp. Vanilla, 1 tsp Cinnamon, & 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg and mix really well (it will be more frothy now).
• Add 1 3/4 C. Flour, 2 tsp. Baking powder, 1/2 tsp Baking soda, & 1 tsp. Salt (once again lol) mix well.
• Add 1 to 2 C. Chocolate chips & nuts (if desired).
• Scoop into muffin cups.
• Bake @ 350 for 16-22 minutes (depending on the size of your muffins) or you can always make it a loaf.
Also check out:
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)