I think I have mentioned this before but my mother has gone gluten-free and I am thinking about it, so today I am taking a standard snicker doodle recipe and making it gluten free! You can always make it with regular flour though!
• Add sugar and butter to your mixing bowl, mix well.
• Add 2 eggs, mix well. (I added 3 because I made 1 1/2 x the recipe)
• Add baking soda, salt, cream of tarter, cinnamon, and GF flour, mix very very very well!
( Start very slow or flour will go everywhere, oh I have done this, it’s no fun)
• Next in a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
• Roll your dough into consistent sized balls for whatever size cookie you wish, then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
• Place on parchment lined baking sheets. (You can even sprinkle on a little more cinnamon before baking if you so desire)
• Chill your dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or the freezer for 5 before baking. (if you don’t do this your cookies will become very flat, like my first batch)
• Bake at 350° for 8 to 12 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
Calories per cookie, (if your dough only makes 24 cookies – 180 per cookie)
This is great compared to most Chocolate chip cookies!
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
Adapted from Food.com
1 C Butter
1 1/2 C Sugar
2 Lg Eggs
2 3/4 C Gluten Free Flour (or AP flour)
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon
3 TBSP Sugar
3 TBSP Cinnamon
Also check out:
Sister site: Craft Making and Drag Racing
Lindsey’s Jewelry: Hard Wear by Lindsey (Awesome stuff)
Rustified.com – Lifestyle Inspirations from a Renaissance Man (I love his blog- 365 page book for this year, recipes, & daily inspirations)
Rusty J’s Music Site